Nursing Careers at HCA Virginia
At HCA Virginia, nurses are a respected part of our team of clinical professionals dedicated to excellence in patient care.
We are committed above all to the care and improvement of human life. Our mission extends to our patients and their families, as well as our employees.
Search Nursing Openings by Hospital:
Helping You Deliver Professional, Patient-Focused Care
When you join our nursing team, you'll benefit from the advanced training and supportive environment that allows you to perform at your best and grow in your career. Along with outstanding pay and benefits, you can take advantage of flexible scheduling and a choice of nursing care specialties.
You'll appreciate our patient-centered nursing philosophy and our commitment to:
- Following professional standards of practice as articulated by the American Nurses Association
- Creating a work environment that encourages staff involvement and critical thinking to enhance professional nursing practice
- Partnering with patients, families and other health care providers to facilitate the best possible care and outcomes
- Contributing to and integrating new knowledge into our practice through education, research and communication about nursing practice
- Becoming involved with professional and community initiatives to promote the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities
We rely on you, our professional nurses, to set goals and strive to achieve advanced knowledge and practice. We're here to support you with programs such as clinical ladder, clinical internships, tuition reimbursement and flexible scheduling. When you're ready for leadership positions, we sponsor a Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) development program with formal training and work experience in both corporate and hospital settings.
Excellence in Nursing
When you join HCA Virginia's nursing staff, you become a valued member of a network of care teams distinguished by designation as a Nursing Magnet Program®, which recognizes health care organizations for quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice. Developed by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Magnet is the ultimate credential for high-quality nursing.
Nursing Internships and Job Shadowing
Expand your professional qualifications and career options through advanced training in a hospital setting when you take advantage of residency and internship opportunities at HCA Virginia.
Practice With Us
See what our nurses say about nursing practice and careers at HCA Virginia.